Someone from New England Wildlife posted this to the Coexisting W£ith Coyotes group on Face Book:
"Calling all canid experts. Not in New England, but found in North Carolina and I'm super curious. Is this a fox or a coyote?
"Edit - clarification 2nd photo is the animal playing with my aunt's dog's Jolly Ball. This animal is likely a juvenile"
Here are the images:
I can see why several people suggested a Maned Wolf which is native to South America. As I pointed -you got the money you can get whatever you want!
However, "Coywolf" is often bandied about but as the Wolf Conservation Centre points out:
"Here in the eastern United States, the coyotes are hybrids. Just like everybody else, they are the result of evolution. Over the years these dynamic canids have acquired a number of nicknames. Both “coywolf” and “coydog” have been growing in popularity, however, the majority of the scientific community recognizes the animal with the less flashy moniker: “eastern coyote.”And if you are interested here is a link. So nopt "wolfcoy" or "Coywolf" but Eastern Coyote is the only name you'll need.
Eastern Coyote
No comments:
Post a Comment